We believe that there are many great people and organizations doing great work throughout our community. Our role is to encourage collaboration whenever possible. Partnership is essential to the continued growth and success of our community.
We are convinced that cooperation results in the best products and services being made available to the people that need them the most.
We tend to hurt ourselves and others when we act independently while guarding our territory. We do not win by others losing and we do not lose by others winning.
The GRACE Consulting approach is to learn from the best practices of others. We can often apply what we learn to improve our ability to meet the needs of our clients. We are convinced that we can all win!
In our interactions with our customers and the entire community, we are committed to GRACE:
G – Genuineness, Greatness, Growth
R – Relationship, Respect, Responsibility
A – Achievement, Accountability, Attitude
C – Character, Collaboration, Community
E – Encouragement, Enrichment, Excellence
About Allan Younger – linkedin.com/in/allanyounger
Allan Younger has spent over twenty years gaining diversified corporate experience. This experience includes the areas of business development, risk management, process analysis, account management and evaluation, and strategic planning.
He teaches business classes to undergraduate students at Winston Salem State University and Salem College. He has written more than 45 published magazine articles about business development. He regularly speaks to groups, employers, and conferences. He is pleased to serve as marketing consultant to his wife’s dance apparel store. He strongly believes that business leaders must be actively engaged in their communities.
He leads GRACE Consulting which is responsible for community relations, marketing, process analysis, professional development, and project management for several organizations. This has included:
- A business advisory service that helps businesses to manage themselves more professionally with the objective of creating more jobs.
- A company that sells customized corporate apparel and school uniforms.
- A company that sells office supplies, office furniture, and janitorial supplies.
- A research company focusing on developments in science, technology, engineering and math.
- A community college committed to professional development and leadership skills.
- A provider of a supportive living environment for homeless women and their children during treatment for substance abuse and/or recovery from domestic violence.
- An alternative high school for students formerly in the public school system.
- An organization that provides sports coaches with clinics to encourage character development of their players.
Because of Allan’s commitment to enhance experiences of others in the community, social responsibility is a high priority. A core value of GRACE Consulting is that professional experience and community engagement should be integrated and balanced. Allan’s community leadership has included:
- Member, Utility Commission, Winston Salem/Forsyth County (2018-Present)
- Marketing Chair, NC Small Business Center Network (2013-Present)
- Member, Business Advisory Council, Goodwill of NW NC (2013-Present, Chair 2015-2017)
- Organizer, Entrepreneurial Ecosystem of Forsyth County (2015-Present)
- Executive Committee, Better Business Bureau of NW NC (2015-Present)
- Executive Committee, Forsyth Futures (2015-Present)
- Board of Directors, NC Community College Adult Educators Association (2016-Present, President Elect 2018)
- Executive Committee, SG Atkins Community Development Corporation (2017-Present)
- Treasurer, Friends of the Green House (2013-Present)
- Local Board of Directors, Selective Service System (2012-Present)
- Board of Directors, Venture Café Winston Salem (2017-Present)
- Board of Directors, HUSTLE Winston Salem (2018-Present)
- Advisory Committee, Davidson County Community College Small Business Center (2012-Present)
- Advisory Board, Winston Salem State University Office of Continuing Education (2011-Present)
- Director, New Member Ministry, United Metropolitan Missionary Baptist Church (2005-Present)
- Member, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (1987-Present)
- Vice Chair, Planning Board, Winston Salem/Forsyth County (2010-2018)
- Board of Directors, Kernersville Chamber of Commerce (2016-2017)
- Board of Directors, Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber of Commerce (2017)
- Member, Winston Salem Police Chief’s Advisory Committee (2011-2012)
- United Way Campaign Cabinet (2012)
- Vice Chair, Children’s Law Center of Central North Carolina (2011-2013)
- Co-Chair, Twin City East West Partnership (a Department of Justice Strategy) (2009-2011)
- Advisory Committee, City of Winston Salem Minority/Women Business Enterprise (2009-2010)
- Steering Committee, Health Equity Action Team, Department of Public Health (2011-2014)
- Vice Chair, The Shalom Project, Green Street Church (2008-2010)
- Advisory Board, Livingstone College Division of Business (2014-2016)
- Board of Directors, YMCA of Northwest North Carolina (2003-2011)
- Executive Committee, YMCA of Northwest North Carolina (2003-2009)
- Board Governance Committee, YMCA of Northwest North Carolina (2008)
- Chair, Marketing & Membership Committee, YMCA of Northwest NC (2005-2008)
- Member, Leadership Winston Salem (2009- 2010)
- Member, Superintendent’s Parent Advisory Council (2007-2011)
- Member, Leadership Winston Salem Education Day Committee (2010-2011)
- Member, Hanes Magnet School PTSA (2009-2011)
- Member, Community Safety Partnership (2009-2011)
- Volunteer, Millennium Academy, Kennedy Learning Center (2009-2010)
- Board of Directors, Athletes for Others (2008-2011)
- Member ECHO (Everyone Can Help Out) Awards Selection Committee (2010)
- Member, Leadership Forum for Reduced Suspensions & Academic Excellence (2009-10)
- Scholarship Committee, Hispanic League (2007-2009)
- Advisor, Southside Rides & Project MOORE (2008-2010)
- Selection Committee, William Louis Poteat Scholarship, Wake Forest University (2005)
- Chair, Fulton Family YMCA (2002-2004)
- Advisory Committee, Fulton Family YMCA Child Development Center (2003-2005)
- Advisory Board, YMCA Child Care Services (2009-2010)
- Member, School Improvement Team, Jefferson Elementary School (2005-2007)
- Member, Brunson Elementary School PTA (2007-2009)
- Member, Diversity Partnership (2003-2008)
- President, GE African American Forum, Houston, TX (1996-1998)
- Business Coordinator, INROADS (Minority Internship Program) (1994-1996)
- Member, United Way Community Resources Council (1994-1996)
- Chair, United Way Community Initiative Grant Committee (1996)
- Vice Chair, Urban Ministries (Homeless Shelter, Medical Clinic, Food Pantry) (1993-1996)
- Vice Chair, SouthLight (Behavioral Healthcare Organization) (1993-1996)
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement (1992-1996)
- Board of Directors, Haven House (Governor’s One-on-One Mentoring Program) (1993-1996)
- Board of Directors, Home Buyer Assistance Center (1992-1996)
- Member, United Way Leadership 2000 (1992-1993)